Saturday, October 20, 2012

Easy Sisal Rope Vase



I love the look natural fibers like jute, sisal, and burlap bring to a space. They provide warmth in an earthy, natural way and pair fantastically with modern accessories. I recently spotted a burlap bowl over at Centsational Girl and thought it would be just the right piece to hold some crisp, fall apples.   

TEST



All I needed was sisal rope, a glass vase/bowl/basket, and a hot glue gun.  I picked the sisal rope up at, of all places, the grocery store!  It was around $4 for a ton of it <<<finger to chin- the possibilities are endless of things in my house I could add this to...>>>. 

I took the rope and simply wound it around the glass vase 3/4 of the way (I personally wanted a little glass to show but you could wrap the entire thing) and hot glued here and there along the way.


Wah-la!  God bless the easy makeovers. Still  working on that trunk...



No comments:

Post a Comment